Saturday 28 May 2011

Citadel Finecast

Ooooohhhh it's a good day for Hobbyists!
Today we saw the launch of Games Workshops replacement resin figures, finally doing away with the old metals. I will admit to being more enthusiastic than most for this particular release as I got the chance to have a look at some before the official release this morning, "yey!"
I'd hoped to pick up some minis that sadly have been pushed back to later, but I grabbed a couple of replacements for minis that I love, but hate playing with.

Offender number one, would be Sammeal on his bike, but I have to wait for that one.

Offender number two would be the tech marine! While I can't wait for his thunderfire toting cousin to be released I picked one up to have a hands on go myself.


Isn't he pretty? The resin is a joy to work with, what little flash there was was cleaned up easily with a knife, far easier than metal. The arms will probably be magnetized later to make transporting the little bugger easier, but they went on with a dab of glue, no issues at all. I'm sure your all used to sitting there with a heavy pice of metal swearing at it until it dries, well the guy opposite me stuck a Hive Tyrant together in about 10 mins, with no fuss, no hassle, no pinning! I did have a couple of minuscule air bubbles, though far less than I thought there would be, easily fixed with a dab of superglue. The detail on these kits is simply superb, so many of the old metal kits get a huge facelift, none more so than the servitors with the tech. Normally I'd have jammed these straight in a draw and ignored them, but the new ones are simply stunning.



I defy anyone to say there's more detail on the old metal kit. Especially the chest and hand detail. Now kits I'd never have used because of the weight of metal, like vanguard or harlequins, are now practically weightless, making gaming with them a reality, finally.

All in all I'm a very happy hobbyist. I even picked my DA up a new toy. There had to be a token Dark Angel model in the new release, and sure enough



The paint job is a little rushed, but the store had a painting competition finishing this afternoon, and once I'd bought him there was no chance I wasn't going to enter him. I won, but only because I spent a mere 2 hours painting him he will be finished off eventually. We spent a lot of time playing "catch" with him across the store, just because we could. A couple of "accidental" drops resulted in no damage whatsoever, not even a paint chip! Although the tech marines flamer fell off after a shoulder high drop.

All in all, I can say despite the pricing changes, (and not all models went up) They are WELL worth the expense. Beautiful to work with, easy to cut and repose and take paint extremely well. It's not often I froth about GW products but this one is well worth the frothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment