Friday 13 May 2011

Biking Biking

I broke a few bones last year, and like everyone who does so, I didn't keep up with my physio. I'm not unfit by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm not as trim as I used to be.
Decided to get myself back into shape! Found a nice new route along the River Wey. About 40 miles in total. Nice little trip, took me 3.5 hours yesterday, which I'm rather proud of, given the temperature and the condition of the track. Hoping to get it down to under 3 hours by the time summer starts properly and then I'll start climbing again. The Wey Navigation is a lovely route for those of you in Surrey. Almost 20 miles long between Godalming and the Thames Lock. The track surface does vary greatly though, while it's fine for a decent mountain bike, I wouldn't want to try it with a racing bike.
Only managed 30 miles today, was far to hot to finish and my legs still ache from yesterday. It will get better with time.

I can't understand why people would join gyms and hire personal trainers when they can just go running or biking. I mean, it doesn't help with determination, thousands of us give up going in Feburary but keep paying because it makes us feel better. So why do we keep paying them? Are we really so unimaginative that we need someone to tell us how to exercise?
Go outside and find somewhere real to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment