Friday 26 August 2011

Opening the box set:)

So my first order of actual infinity miniatures arrived today! Can finally start removing the proxies from our games!
Opening the box we find that, joy of joys, the box is packed with the miniatures between two layers of foam. Both protecting the minis during transport, and making the box into a useful little carry case for the minis after they have been glued and painted! The multi part figures come in Individual baggies to make identifying everyone's arms easier, which is nice. Looking over the models the only damage seems to be to the SAS knife, which is fair enough looking at the size of the thing.

Most of the models were fairly clean, only the Wulver having a lot of flash and tags to be clipped off. Despite this, I wouldn't recommend Infinity minis to the younger gamers, these things are small! and incredibly fiddly. Despite this, it's nice to work with real scale 28mm models and these are lovely examples. Crisp details and lovely sculpts.



There's no way I couldn't not put them together. (Is that too many negatives? I can never tell) So, ignoring everything I'm supposed to be doing I grabbed some glue and a hobby knife.

Picture heavy time.



Highlander Grey


SAS


Wulver



Volunteers


Not bad huh?
I think I like the Highlander grey the least. it's the overly large gun, if I get the other one I may do an arm swop. Since I took this photo I've rotated the Wulver's left arm so his gun is almost touching the floor, looks much more natural, piccys when I start painting.
Starting to wish I'd picked up a few more now. But there's always next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment