Thursday 25 August 2011

Random incoherent mutterings I'm afraid.

I know I've advertised this blog in a few places, but it's still mostly just for me. So if I want to waffle on incoherently I can :p
One of my friends recently lost a grandparent, thankfully for my continuing health, the chances of her reading this blog are incredibly small as she'd kill me if she knew I was mentioning her in a blog. Still, we ended up having a long conversation about the difference between being alone, and being lonely. Which brings us to the theme of this rather depressing entry.
It's not a new phenomenon, loads of people feel fine when they are alone, but can feel incredibly alone while surrounded by people.
I've spent most of my life being on my own, i usually prefer it, I like having my own space, my own life. Never been much of a social creature, although I make exceptions for decent gaming. And a few people I like. But recently, regardless of if I'm off on my own, or surrounded by people, I feel, profoundly lonely, and I have no idea why. Actually that's a blatant lie, I know exactly why, but I can't do a damn thing about it.
Circumstances conspire to give us exactly what we want, at the exact moment when we cannot, for whatever reason, reach out and grab it.


But it's strange, how you can live perfectly well without something, but miss it when it's gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment